Maps, Directions and Local Amenities
Finding Us Inside the Shields Library
Archives and Special Collections is located on the first floor of the Shields Library.
When you enter the building, navigate to the left-side of the building past the stairs. You will see the Special Collections sign above the reading room door just beyond some display cases to the left of a long hallway.
Archives and Special Collections is in the Shields Library at 100 NW Quad, Davis, CA 95616.
- From I-80, exit at UC Davis.
- Turn right on Old Davis Road if you exit west bound. Turn left on Old Davis Road if you exit east bound. Continue past the Visitor Information Kiosk toward the parking structure.
- Turn right directly before the parking structure and continue into Visitor Parking Lot 1 or 2.
- Use the ParkMobile app to purchase a parking permit. More information is available on the Transportation Services website.
- Walk 2 blocks north to Shields Library. The Special Collections Department is on the first floor, to the left, as you enter the building.
The Davis Amtrak station is located 840 2nd Street.
- To reach Shields Library on foot, walk west on 2nd Street.
- At the intersection of 2nd and B Streets, take a left onto B Street.
- At the intersection of B and 1st Streets, take a right onto 1st Street.
- Continue walking on 1st Street as it enters the University campus. 1st Street turns into Peter J. Shields Ave. once it hits campus.
- Shields Library is located at the corner of Peter J. Shields Ave. and West Quad Avenue. The Special Collections Department is located on the first floor, to the left, as you enter the building.
Bus service from the Amtrak station to Shields Library is available via Unitrans. The A line services the Amtrak station and Shields Library.
Area Maps and Local Amenities
Davis Campus and City Maps
Where to Stay
- On campus accommodations are available at the Hyatt Place Hotel.
- For other accommodations in Davis, visit Yolo County Visitors Bureau — Lodging.