Plan Your Visit to Archives and Special Collections
Before You Visit
Always Request Materials in Advance
Whether walking in or making an appointment, please request materials in advance. Many of our materials are stored offsite and need to be retrieved prior to visiting Archives and Special Collections. We recommend requesting items a minimum of 48 business hours in advance of your visit. Some materials may need to be requested up to 9 days before your visit depending on where the item is stored.
Prior to your visit, check the status of your request(s) in Aeon to confirm the item(s) are onsite and available in the reading room.
Walk-ins and Appointments
Archives and Special Collections welcomes walk-ins Monday-Friday, 1:00pm-5:00pm.
Appointments are available Monday-Friday, 10:00am-12:00pm.
- Appointments must be made 48 business hours in advance of visit. You may schedule your appointment up to 2 weeks in advance.
- It may be necessary to reschedule or cancel your appointment due to operational limitations or other factors. We will notify you in such circumstances.
On the Day of Your Visit
Check-in with staff that you have arrived for your appointment. You will need:
- Photo ID
- Face covering (strongly recommended)
Reading Room Expectations
As a patron in the Archives and Special Collections Reading Room, you will:
- Be provided a locker and a seat for use during your visit
- Have access to a public computer
- Have Wi-Fi access
- Be expected to observe the floor signs and social distancing in the reading room
- Be able to request additional materials for same day use if they are stored onsite